Thursday, September 01, 2005

class email

Using the New UV Link Email System

All UVSC students now have an email address in the new UV Link system. Because most of you have multiple email accounts (UVSC Groupwise, WebCT, UV Link, and at least one personal account), some clarification probably is in order. Please review the following information, and let me know if you have questions.

You can access this new email account through the UV Link portal by clicking on the Email icon in the upper-right corner of the UV Link main page.

Your address is your student (or Banner) ID number @uvlink.uvsc.edu (so mine, for example, would be 10004785@uvlink.uvsc.edu).

Because this address is highly impersonal, and because you have to log into the UV Link portal to check it, most of you probably will not opt to use it regularly.

It does, however, provide me with a quick and convenient way to email you, both individually and as a class, without having to gather and record students' addresses at the beginning of each semester. I do plan on making periodic use of this feature.
What I would ask you to do, then, is to turn on the Auto Forward feature in your UV Link email account, so that I can send messages to your UV Link address, and you can receive them in whichever email account you actually use.

To turn on Auto Forward:

Log into the UV Link portal
Click on the Email icon
Click on the Options tab
Click on the Auto Forward link
Type your preferred email address in the box
Click OK

I have turned on Auto Forward for my UV Link account. So if you forget the address that I actually use (youraddress@uvsc.edu), you can always contact me by clicking on the linked address next to our course in the My Courses area of the UV Link portal (the same place you go to enter WebCT).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home